To send your newsletter, you can either use:
- An integrated module to PrestaShop
- Third party software on your computer
- An online service like MailChimp
If you choose the last option and you work with Prestashop, it was complicated to maintain updated mailing lists from people who no longer wish to receive your newsletter but have désinscritent online and not on the store and vice-versa.
This module allows you to just keep all this information stored on your lists and avoid Spammer MailChimp customers.
MailChimp makes several important features such as:
- Creating Quality Newsletter by using their templates and online tools
- Quality control of your message deliverability pafaite
- Integrated Management registered a footer to your messages automaitque
- List all the features on their site
MailChimp supports you by providing you with explanatory videos and ebooks on best practices.
MailChimp work to kill spammers, read it on their site
- Synchronization of customers
- Synchronization of subscribers to this newsletter block from base in Prestashop
- Manual synchronization or Cron job
- Managing unsubscriptions from MailChimp automatic and in real time.
Discover this module installation directly on MailChimp site : https://connect.mailchimp.com/how-to/16
Visible datas after sync in MailChimp
PrestaShop 1.4 and below
PrestaShop 1.5 and higher
- First name
- Subscriber to the newsletter
- Subscriber to the offers from partners
- Anniversary date
- Total number of commands
- Last order date
- Total amount spent
Version 1.2 (12/03/2010)
- Setting up a cron job to update your daily lists.
Version 1.3 (11/01/2011)
- Adding a scenario which combines in a single list all newsletter subscribers, customers and recorded on the block.
- Added explanation on the use and configuration of the module.
Version 1.4 (07/04/2011)
- Compatibility with version 1.4 of PrestaShop
Version 1.5 (02/13/2013)
- Compatibility with version 1.5 of PrestaShop
- Code correction and optimisation
Version 1.6 (04/27/2013)
- unsubscribe in Prestashop after unsubscribe on MailChimp
Version 1.8.3 (10/04/2014)
- Add Webhook to manage in real time all unscribers from MailChimp.
- Add more exportable informations for Prestashop 1.5 version and higher
Version 1.8.4 (11/24/2014)
- Better webhook integration
- Better control on errors during sync
- Add control if no list in MailChimp account
Version 1.8.5 (11/26/2014)
- Corrected block newsletter user sync for Prestashop 1.5 and higher
- Better error messages
Version 1.8.8 (03/17/2015)
- Code performances update
- Sync only update customers
Version 1.8.9 (03/31/2015)
- Corrected customer update date
Version 1.9.0 (04/27/2015)
- Corrected datas send to MailChimp
Version 1.9.1 (06/15/2015)
- You can exclude domains names of accounts to be synchronized, to avoid to contact customers imported from market places.
Version 1.9.2 (06/25/2015)
- SQL query correction on clients selection.
Version 1.9.6 (09/10/2015)
- Code optimization.
- Add option to manage exportation in multi shop mode.
- Customers unscribes from PrestaShop correction.
Version 1.9.7 (09/28/2015)
- Optimization of orders datas.
- reDesign to be Bootstrap PrestaShop 1.6 compatible.
Version 1.9.8 (10/01/2015)
- Last order date corrected.
Version 1.9.9 (01/30/2016)
- Implementation of the choice to keep or delete the external emails found in MailChimp list and so allow users of the module to use lists containing emails recovered outside PrestaShop.
Version 1.9.10 (04/10/2016)
- Bithday sync correction when customer don't have
Version 1.9.11 (06/08/2016)
- update block newsletter exportation for multi shop
Version 1.9.12 (06/14/2016)
- Update unsubscribe management for better analysi
Version 1.9.13 (06/30/2016)
- update code when you want to exclude domain name
- Add error message when you have MailChimp custom fields required in your list.
Version 1.9.14 (11/27/2016)
- Change format for export of the global order amount.