Once you have downloaded a module from the Addons online store, it's up to you have it installed on your PrestaShop site.
There are two ways to install a module: either using the dedicated form, or using your FTP client.
Installing using the dedicated form
To install a new PrestaShop module "automatically", click on the "Add a module from my computer" link at the top of the list of modules. This will reveal a new section.
Two options are presented in the "Add a new module" section:
- Add a module from a web server: simply put the URL to its online zip file, and validate.
- Add a module from your computer: browse to the module's Zip file that you downloaded, and validate.
In both cases, you must point to the module's Zip archive, and not its folder or any of its unpacked files.
Once validated, PrestaShop will load the module (either from the Web or from your computer), unpack it, place the files in the correct location, and update the page, all this in a handful of seconds.
Installing using an FTP client
To install a new PrestaShop module manually:
- Unzip (decompress) the module archive file (.zip). This should result in a new folder.
- Using your FTP client, place the folder in your PrestaShop /modules folder. Pay attention NOT to upload that folder in another module's folder (which can happen when drag-and-dropping items). Upload the whole folder, not just the files it contains.
- Go to your back-office, in the "Modules" tab.
- Locate the new module in the modules list. You might have to scroll down; you can also use the list's search engine, which should give you a dynamically updated list of matching module names.
- In the row for the new module, click the "Install" button.
- Your module is now installed and should be activated too (green tick). If necessary, click on the module's "Configure" link. Pay also attention to any warning message that might be displayed by PrestaShop.
Once configuration is complete, be sure to test the module immediately to confirm that it works as planned.